Wednesday, January 11th, 2017
2016 has been a FANTASTIC year for a number of reasons. It’s been full of ups and downs but I would have to say that there were way more ups then there were downs. 2016 will forever be remembered as the year I welcomed my first baby into the world. So even though I didn’t shoot as much as I have in past years, I’ve accomplished so much more than just the sessions. I took three months off of shooting to create a human and it was amazing.
It’s hard to narrow down my favorite things about my job, because I’m convinced that I have the best job ever! But here goes… here are a few highlights from this year…
14. 31 Cake Smash Sessions – Every cake smash session is unique. I pride myself on creating a custom experience for each baby which includes a cake and backdrop to match their birthday theme. These sessions are so much fun for me, the baby, and the parents watching!!
13. 7 Engagement Sessions – Engagement photography is always fun! We get to focus on the couple and create images that represent their love for each other. I love picking locations that have meaning to the couple. Even though I took most of the Spring (the most popular season for engagement photography) off this year to have a baby I was still able to squeeze in a few brides-to-be! This year was full of lots of love.
12. Introduction of Video – I’ve started surprising clients with little videos of their session. This is most common for birth sessions, but I’ve been known to do it for all the different session types. I’ve now added this as an option to add on to any session. If you are interested in adding a video to your session just let me know! I love making these.
11. A Live Proposal – I’m always super excited to be able to capture huge milestones in my clients life. It doesn’t get much more exciting the being able to capture the a live proposal! These guys are long time clients and I was also able to capture their wedding later on in the year. You can see the whole proposal here.
10. 6 Fresh 48 Sessions – A Fresh 48 session is a session that is done in the hospital within 48 hours of a baby being born. This is a great session for those who aren’t comfortable with birth photography, but still want to capture the tiny-ness and emotion of the arrival of their new baby. These sessions are always fantastic as they are full of so much joy and emotion.
9. 13 Beautiful Baby Bellies – I love pregnancy so much! The body is such an amazing thing and pregnancy lasts for such a short time! If you are looking for an Indianapolis maternity photographer in 2017 be sure to let me know! I would love to photograph your baby bump.
8. 33 Family Sessions – Almost all of these families are past clients. One of my very favorite things about my job is getting to watch families grow. I get to capture all these memories for families year after year and that makes my heart so happy!
7. 25 Milestone Session – Being able to watch and capture all these children’s growth over their first year of life is a wonderful thing. I love being able to capture all these fun milestones in their lives while building relationships with the babies and their families.
6. 9 Stunning Weddings – I’m always so honored to be able to photograph a couple’s wedding. For me, a wedding is like being able to capture the love story of each of these lovely couples. Weddings are a huge time commitment and due to this I only take a very limited number of couples each year. However, I find each wedding to be super rewarding. If you are looking for an Indianapolis wedding photographer be sure to reach out!
5. 62 Newborn Babies – It’s no secret that I love photographing these squishy beautiful babies! This year the studio was full with 60 tiny fresh faces. 25 of these babies were siblings of past clients. I love watching all these families grow!! Almost all of these babies were photographed when they were younger then 14 days old. That’s a lot of very tiny fingers and toes! If you are looking for an Indianapolis newborn photographer be sure to let me know. I would LOVE to have your little one in my studio this year.
4. One Special Senior Session – I’ve been volunteering with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana for the last 7 years. I’ve been matched with my ‘Little Sister’ the whole time. This year my little sister graduates from high school. That also means she graduates from the Big Brothers program. That doesn’t mean our relationship ends, but it does mean that she will be a little harder to see on a regular basis once she starts college. I’ve so glad I was able to photograph her for her senior pictures. These photos will always be a reminder all of our time together. I don’t normally do senior photographer, but for her I made and exception. Here is the whole session.
3. Birth Photography – Birth is truly an AMAZING thing. I can’t in words describe it. Maybe that is why I enjoy photographing it so much. Every birth I photograph is so different from the last. Even though they are all different they are all leave me in awe of the human body. Each birth I photograph leaves me wanting to photograph another one. In 2016 I photographed two births. But I love it so much that I’ve already got 4 on the books for 2017 and I’m excited to get a few more (but not too many!) on the books. I just LOVE births. <3 So let me know if you are looking for an Indianapolis birth photographer.
2. Photographing my Sister’s Engagement – One cool thing about being a photographer is being able to capture special moments in the lives of your loved ones. It was a joy to be able to photograph my sister’s engagement pictures. My sister and her fiance are both beautiful people both inside and out and I hope she feels that when she looks through her pictures. I couldn’t be more excited to attend their wedding (don’t worry, I won’t be photographing it) as my sister’s maid of honor this Fall.
1. Photographing My Own Newborn – Hands down, the biggest and most exciting event in 2016 (and maybe my whole life) was welcoming my own little one into the world. I just love this little dude to pieces. I was so excited to do my own newborn pictures. However, I’m going to have to say that photographing your own newborn is way harder then photographing someone else’s’ baby. But I’m so glad I was able to capture this time in my little guy’s life.
I couldn’t have done any of these things without the help of all of my WONDERFUL clients. I can’t say thank you enough for supporting my small business and allowing me to capture all these phases of your lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!