Christmas is coming… or at least Christmas tree mini sessions!! You guys love these sessions. All 4 days of tree farm minis were booked within 24 hours of sending the email. I’m excited you guys are so excited about these sessions!!
Here are my tips to you for a successful tree farm session.
- Dress in layers – I can’t stress this enough. It might be warm, but it will most likely be cold… very very cold as we typically do these sessions in late Nov and early December. As a reminder, the average temp in Nov is 40 degrees and Dec the average temperature is 30 degrees. Considering we shoot at sunset it’s likely going to be even colder then the average. That is cold, especially for little ones. You aren’t going to be able to have happy kiddos if everyone is cold. So please, please, please dress for the weather. This may hinder your style a tad but trust me it’s better to be warm then in that cute dress with no leggings underneath. We will reschedule if it’s raining, but not if it’s lightly snowing or just cold.
- Dress for the location – I really like reds/blacks/greens (think Christmas colors) or orange/red/brown (think Fall colors). There are lots of combos that could work, but I would probably try to stay away from bright floral type colors. Layers and textures always look good. You do also have access to the styling tool to help you pick clothing for your family. If you booked a session and didn’t receive that link feel free to reach out via email and I’ll send it your way.
- Meeting location – The sessions are done at Dull’s Tree Farm in Thorntown, IN. I’ll send you an exact meeting location about a week before you session. But the tree farm is about 50 minutes north of Indianapolis. Be sure to know where we are meeting and allow yourself enough time to arrive on time. It may sound like a bit of a drive, but this tree farm is stunning and is SO worth the drive!!
- Use the restroom before you leave – It’s a farm and they have port-a-potties. Sure you can use them, but do you really want to? Enough said.
- Have fun – Seriously, family pictures should be fun! We are going to play, smile, laugh and have a great time (even if it is a short time).
I can’t wait to see all of you this year for the Tree Farm Mini Sessions!!
If you are in the Indianapolis area and would like to book a tree farm session be sure to reach out! I’m a photographer in Indianapolis and my tree farm mini sessions are all completely booked for the year, but I would love to do a full family session for you on the farm and I have a few dates still available.