2014 has been a fantastic year. It’s been a little crazy, but in a good way. I was busier then ever, met tons of new clients, and this happened all during a year when I was making making major life changes (I got married!). In total I photographed 179 sessions. What a great year!
A huge thank you to all my clients. You guys have trusted me to capture your lives. I’ve enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you. From the bottom of my heart – Thank You.
Here are a few highlights from the year:
15. Outdoor Newborn Sessions – I started offering outdoor newborn sessions. There are only a few months in the summer where these actually work. However the two outdoor newborn session that I did this year were amazing! I hope to get a few more of these on the books for next year.
14. Cake Smashes: In 2014 I did 22 cake smash sessions to celebrate all of these little one’s first birthdays. I love that each session is very different and has it’s own theme.
13. A Very Special Cake Smash: Speaking of cake smash sessions… I did one very special cake smash session for my baby. My pup (Rosie) turned one so I thought it was only fitting for her to have her very own cake smash session.
12. Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep – I’ve continued donating my time and working with NILMDTS. This is an amazing organization that does bereavement photography at Indianapolis hospitals. For privacy reasons I’m unable to share pictures from these sessions. You can read more about my experience with this organization here.
11. Famous Clients – This past year I’ve had the pleasure of working with two famous clients. One was a Colts payer – Jim Sorgi (his kids are pictured in the bottom image below) – and the other a local radio host – Dave Smiley from the Smiley Morning Show (his child is pictured in the top image below). In both cases I photographed these people’s newborns. So fun!
10. BOA Grand Nationals: When I was in high school I was in the color-guard. So being able to come back and photograph the BOA Grand Nationals was kind of a big deal. It was a very fun experience.
9. Engagement Sessions: 14 lovely couples had me photograph their engagements in 2014. So much love!
8. Proposals: Not only do I photograph engagement sessions, but sometimes I get lucky enough to be able to photograph the actual proposals. This year two awesome guys contacted me to capture their proposals. These were both perfect Indianapolis proposals.
7. Weddings: 2014 was a great year for weddings. 13 awesome couples trusted me to capture their wedding day. I just love being an Indianapolis wedding photographer. There are so many great couples out there!
6. Same-Sex Wedding: In 2014 I had my first same-sex wedding. It was beyond perfect.
5. Children and Families: This year I got to meet lots of new families and catch up with some old ones. Total this year I had 26 family and 14 milestone sessions. Some families chose to do outdoor family sessions while others did in-home lifestyle session.
With so many newborns in the studio it’s only fitting that I capture many of them as they grow throughout their first year. This year 14 little ones came into the studio for milestone sessions. Being an Indianapolis child photographer is so rewarding. I just love watching these little ones grow though their first year and beyond.
4. Maternity Sessions: Baby bumps are just so adorable! 7 expected mothers allowed me to photograph them for their maternity sessions in 2014.
3. Press and Awards: The goal of every session is to capture each child, family, or couple as they are – to make beautiful artwork that the client will cherish. The goal going into each session is not to get the pictures published. However, when it happens and other people love the picture enough to publish them it sure is fun. This past year 13 sessions were published by other publications.
KristeenMarie Photography was also nominated as one of the top wedding and portrait photographers in Indianapolis by the Indy A-List. We are excited to have ranked as one of top 10 portrait photographer in Indy for 2014!
2. In-Home Holiday Mini Sessions: I tried something new this year… In-Home Holiday Mini Sessions. I went to a number of my client’s homes to take pictures for their holiday cards. Clients seemed to love this and the sessions included some beautifully designed cards.
1. Newborns, newborn, and more newborns: It’s no secret. I LOVE photographing newborns. In 2014 I had the sheer joy of photographing 52 adorable little newborn babies in my studio.
Bonus: Non-Business related, in 2014 I also had the joy of marring the man of my dreams. I got to experience a wedding on the other side of the camera.
2014 was a fantastic year and I hope that 2015 is even better! A huge thank you to all my clients both old and new for being a part of this great year.
If you are looking for an Indianapolis photographer in 2015 let me know! I would love to meet you.