I’m going to have to say, 2015 was a fantastic year! I had the opportunity to meet lots of new clients and I was able to continue to photograph and build relationships with many previous clients. Total in 2015 I photographed 206 sessions! That is crazy (good crazy). A huge thank you to all my clients for your support and for allowing me to capture these important times in your lives. You guys rock!
So without further ado, here are my top highlights for 2015!
15. 35 Milestone Sessions – It’s no secret that I love to photograph newborns. However, I also love watching my newborn clients grow over their first year of life! Offering “grow with me packages” (3-5 sessions throughout baby’s first year) allows me to be able to build a relationship with my clients throughout their little one’s first year. Babies change so much during year one and every baby is different. These sessions keep me on my toes and it keeps me in touch with the developments of so many cuties! Look at all these adorable faces:
14. Two In-Home Lifestyle Newborn Sessions – I clearly don’t do a ton of these sessions. However when I do them, they are always very personal to the client since I’m doing them in the client’s home. When I do these types of sessions I don’t bring props or external lighting. I just use whatever I find around the client’s home. It’s always a fun challenge when I arrive at a new home. In 2016 I hope to do more of these. I’m offering them as a half price session add-on when you book an in-studio newborn session with me. The great thing about the in-home newborn session is that they don’t have to be done within the first 10 days of baby’s life (unlike the in-studio newborn sessions).
13. Eleven Engagement Sessions – No two engagement sessions are ever the same. It doesn’t matter if the couples choose the same location because each couple has their own love story that is uniquely theirs. I try to capture this for them during their session. I really enjoyed getting to know all 11 couples over the last year and helping them tell their love story with Indianapolis engagement photography!
12. Eleven Stunning Expecting Mothers – Pregnancy is a very emotional time in a mother’s life. The 9 months goes by so quickly! Capturing this time in these beautiful mother’s lives is so rewarding. Pregnancy is beautiful and so are each and every one of these expecting mothers!
11. Two Proposals – I’ve photographed a few dozen proposals at this point and I still get super nervous before every session! I only get one shot to capture this very special and emotional time in these couple’s lives!! These two recently engaged couples did not disappoint. They were both very sweet moments and a huge kudos to these guys for thinking ahead to hire a photographer to capture this once in a lifetime moment!!
10. One Puppy Cake Smash – I did my first puppy cake smash a little over a year ago when my fur baby (Rosie the mini labradoodle) turned one. So when Rosie’s cousin turned one it was only fitting that she have a cake smash session too! Let’s be clear, I don’t do these for clients. However, it’s fun to do them for the fur babies in my life! Meet Willa the bulldog and her cousin Rosie.
9. 45 Family Sessions – That is a lot of families! The thing I love most about all theses families is that most of them I’ve been photographing for a least two or more years. I do love meeting new clients, but even more then that I love building relationships with previous clients and being able to watch their families move from one stage of life to the next!
8. Three Fresh 48 Sessions – I offer Fresh 48 sessions in Indianapolis. If you haven’t heard of this type of session before, it’s ok. It’s a newer type of session. Basically I come to your hospital room within 48 hours of you having your baby. This allows me to capture those very raw and emotional first moments of your baby’s life. These sessions are so real and emotional for everyone and I would love to do more of them in 2016. So I’m going to be offering them as a half price add-on to any in-studio newborn session or grow with me package. Let me know if this is something you are interested in for 2016.
7. Thirty Messy Cake Smashes – Cake smash sessions are always the icing on the cake (pun intended) to my grow with me packages. When the little ones turn one we give them a cake, a custom designed backdrop and let them have some fun! It’s always a good time to see each child’s reaction.
6. Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep – All of the clients I’ve met though NILMDTS have a special place it my heart. I’ve continued to volunteer with this amazing organization in 2015 and I plan to do so again in 2016. You can read more about my work with NILMDTS here. Please note that I didn’t take the image below. For privacy reasons I’m unable to share the images that I take for these clients.
5. New Studio – To say I’m excited about my new studio is an understatement! It’s twice as big as my old studio and it’s the prefect space for me. I still haven’t gotten around to taking pictures of the space but I do have some fun pull back shots below that show the studio in use. Don’t mind my mess… being creative is a messy job. 🙂
4. Sixteen Memorable Weddings – Each and every couple whose wedding I photograph is memorable. I’m always incredibly honored to photograph this momentous day for couples! I can’t thank each bride enough for choosing me to be their Indianapolis wedding photographer.
3. Sixty Seven Beautiful Newborn Babies – I love everything about newborns. I love how they are all different and yet they are all perfect. It’s been so rewarding to photograph each and every one of these tiny little babies. I can’t wait to continue to watch most of these little ones grow over the next year as many of them are grow with me session clients!! Thank you for choosing me as your Indianapolis newborn photographer!
2. My First Birth Session – I know, birth photography isn’t for everyone. However, let me tell you that this birth session was an incredible experience for me to be able to capture. I’ve never seen anything so awe inspiring in my life! This birth session really got me excited about births and it makes me want to shoot more. So if you are expecting in July 2016 or later be sure to reach out let me know. I would love to be able to capture your birth for you. Please know that I’ll only be accepting a VERY limited number of births in 2016.
1. I’m Expecting! – I know, this isn’t business related exactly. However it will have big impacts on the business in 2016. I’ll be on maternity leave from April 1 – July 5th. So far my clients have all be EXTREMELY supportive and excited for me about our new family addition. I can’t thank you all enough for your support, kind words, and encouragement. You guys rock and I look forward to photographing your family again when I get back from leave in July.
Thank you again to all my wonderful clients in 2015! I truly appreciate you choosing KristeenMarie Photography as your Indianapolis photographer. I look forward to meeting even more new clients in 2016. Be sure to reach out and let me know if you are interested in booking a session.