I I try to make things as easy a possible for you when you visit the studio! If you have already done a newborn session with me then you know that I provide everything you need for baby – wraps, props, headbands, etc. For a newborn session you need to bring clothing for parents and older siblings but when it comes to the baby all you really need is a diaper to take them home in.
I like to keep things just as easy when you come for a milestone session in the studio. For a full milestone session I typically recommend 2 or 3 outfits. At least one of those should be a naked baby set-up. I’ve got diaper covers and rompers we can use for the naked baby set-up. You are welcome to also do a family set-up in one of the 3 outfits.
You can bring in street clothes for the milestone sessions but don’t feel like you have to! I’ve got a lot of outfits for your little one in my studio closet. There are things for boys and girls of all sizes. Most of what I have is vintage inspired and shows a lot of baby skin (who doesn’t love some good baby rolls?!). My outfits fit little ones from newborn up to 11 months. There are diaper covers in every color, headbands/clips galore, and cute little rompers. You are sure to find a few things that you will fall in love with for boys or girls.
All the images in this post include items from the studio wardrobe. There is more than what is pictured. And I’m always adding to it.
If you want to bring outfits from home you are welcome to do so. Here are a few tips I have for that:
- Size Down – It’s tempting to buy clothing that is a little big because you know your little one will grow out of it fast. However, for pictures it’s best to have slightly snug clothing instead of clothing that is too big.
- Less is More – Big puffy bulky clothes don’t tend to photograph well.
- Family Pictures – I typically recommend creams, whites, gray or peach colors for family pictures.
- Neon Colors – Please avoid solid black and neon colors.
- Shoes – You don’t need shoes. For milestone session your child will either be sitting or laying. For a sitting baby you will only see the bottom of the shoes and the bottom of baby’s feet is much more adorable then the plastic bottoms of most shoes.
- Family Heirlooms – Heirloom outfits make for great images and memories.
- Need Help? If you need help picking feel free to bring in a number of outfits and we can narrow it down when you get to the studio.
I can’t wait to see you and your little one in my Indianapolis photography studio!