Fishers Newborn Photographer
I’ve had a number of babies in the studio recently who have even tinier siblings. These sweet siblings are one example. Big brother isn’t so big – just over one. But that didn’t stop him from being the best big brother out there. He was great at loving on his new sister with his version of kisses, hugs, and pats.
While big brother did great for his pictures, so did baby sister Leona. She was a sleepy squish and gave us a number of sweet little newborn smiles. What more could you ask for out of a 10 day old!? Little Leona was named after the artist who sang the first dance song at her parents wedding. It’s a perfect name with a meaningful background.
I’ve very much enjoyed watching this sweet family grow over the last few years! They had an epic rainy day maternity session right before the COVID lock down last year (I’m so glad we got that shoot in!) that I won’t forget. And many sessions since. Watching families grow from one kid to the next and one stage to another is one of the biggest joys of my job. I love documenting ever stage of my clients lives and building relationships with the clients.
Welcome to the world, baby girl Leona. I’m so excited to watch you grow over the next year (and beyond!).
If you are looking for a Fishers newborn photographer don’t hesitate to reach out! My studio is located in Carmel, Indiana and isn’t far from Fishers. Lots of clients travel from that area to visit the studio. I also offer in-home lifestyle newborn photography if that is something you prefer!
I am going to be dreaming about this beautiful session for a long time to come! Welcome to the world sweet baby girl!
I would love to meet your new bundle of joy and capture the beautiful newborn moments for your family as well. Let’s get your due date on my calendar for your Indianapolis newborn photography!
Nice meeting you, Antonio! I love capturing this newborn stage for families and I look forward to capturing photos of your family as well. Indianapolis newborn photography is a joy to be able to capture for you and for families all around Indy.
10 Things to Know Before Your In-Home Lifestyle Newborn Photography Sessions – Indianapolis Newborn Photography
Most of the time clients book me for in-studio newborn sessions. This is where clients will get the lovely posed images that I’m well known for. However, did you know that I also offer in-home newborn sessions? You can book an in-home session (cost is the same as an in-studio session) or you can book it as an add-on to a studio session at a discounted cost. For more info about pricing and packages shoot me an email.
Here is some additional info on in-home newborn photography sessions to help you decide if this type of session is right for your and your family. If you follow these tips your session will go a little more smoothly.
- Go With the Flow – In-home sessions are lifestyle sessions. This means that there are no studio lights, no naked posed babies, and no props. Instead we use your home as the backdrop for your session. If your baby is happy in your arms then we will get lots of cuddling pictures. If your baby loves his/her nursery then we will hang out in there. If big sibling(s) want to jump on the bed next to baby instead of cuddling baby then that is what we are going to capture. Hey – that is real life anyways! If baby is fussy and wants to eat then we can take a break and let baby eat! No stress or pressure. My goal is to capture your family in a flattering way but in a real, meaningful way.
- Consider Neutral Clothing – It’s important to pick clothing that complements your home. I typically recommend soft neutral colors for everyone – whites, pinks, creams, tan, peach, or any other soft color that matches your home. However, while color is important, it’s also important that you feel comfortable in whatever you are wearing. I know you just had a baby and I’ll shoot in flattering angles. But if you also feel comfortable in what you are wearing you are bound to love your images even more! Please try avoid wearing red or bright pink as these can create unflattering color casts on baby. All of my sessions include the use of a free styling tool. I’ll send you access to this after you book your session. You can use this tool to help pick out clothing that goes well together for the whole family. I would encourage you to consider what to wear for your session before baby arrives. It’s just one less thing to worry about after the craziness of baby’s arrival.
- Keep Baby’s Clothing Simple – A white onesie is my favorite outfit for baby. It’s that simple. You may also consider having a few swaddles on hand (and I’ll bring a few too). Swaddles are a great way to sooth a fussy baby and they are super cute to photograph baby in too. When babies are little they can get lost in busy clothing. Keep baby’s outfit as simple as possible.
- Who to Include in the Shoot – Normally I recommend immediate family for your in-home newborn session. This includes siblings and your fur babies (they are family too!). If you add too much extended family things can get a little crazy. That being said, if you do want to include extended family you totally can! If you (mom and dad) don’t want to be in the pictures then I would recommend doing an in-studio session where we can completely focus on baby.
- Session Scheduling – We don’t schedule your newborn session until after baby arrives. You can book your session at any point during your pregnancy to ensure availability. Then once baby arrives just shoot me an email and I’ll send you some dates/times I have open for your session. Sessions are typically scheduled on Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings. Sessions are best when done within the first two weeks of baby’s life. If you are doing an in-home mini session (add-on to a studio session) you should expect the session to last an hour or less. If you are doing a full newborn session then you should expect the session to last 1-2 hours.
- Before I Arrive – Try to keep baby awake for at least an hour before your session start time. This will help us have a sleepy baby during the session. I also recommend turning the heat up in your home to 80 degrees before I arrive. Babies love it warm! About 15 minutes before I arrive please feed baby as full as he/she will allow you to. It’s okay if you are still feeding when I arrive. I do also ask that you open blinds/currants and turn overhead lights off before I arrive. You may also consider having an an activity planned for your session. Don’t go crazy! But if you want to give baby a sink bath, or have sibling(s) help you with a diaper change, or if it is nice we can snap a few pictures outside your house.
- After I Arrive – When I arrive I’ll probably ask for a quick tour of the rooms you were considering for the shoot. I’ll be looking for lots of natural light. Typically clients use the nursery, master bedroom, living room, and/or any other rooms with interesting architecture or lots of light. While we don’t typically use lots of props for these session if you have any family heirlooms or other items you would like to include in the session this is a great time to show me so I can plan out your session.
- During your Session – During your session you are encouraged to relax and be you. You don’t need to look at the camera the whole session. Instead share a moment with your significant other, new baby and siblings. Let me capture the real you. I’ll pose you but feel free to relax and make the “poses” comfortable for you. I’ll also get lots of pictures of baby alone. You will want to remember those tiny feet, hands, and dimples. If you have a nursery I’ll also capture the details in there. If baby needs a break at any time to feed then we will take a break. Baby is in charge for the newborn session!
- What to Expect After Your Session – About 2 weeks after your session I’ll send you your online gallery via email. You will have print rights to all your edited images and you can download your whole gallery with the click of a button. I do still recommend having your images professionally printed. I’ll send you those recommendations when I send you your gallery.
- What About Other Sessions? – I also offer in-studio newborn photography in Indianapolis where you will receive images that are more posed and styled. I offer Indianapolis Fresh 48 photography. These sessions are done in the hospital within 48 hours of baby’s birth. I also love doing Indianapolis birth photography too! If you are interested in doing a grow with me package to capture baby’s first year feel free to reach out for more info on that!
Sweet Stella Jo has arrived and made her appearance into the world and we are so glad that she has! She came a couple weeks before her due date, but she was just as perfect as could be. She has some great loving parents as well. She was a great sleeper during her session and just looked perfect in every color that we put her in. The whole family was very photogenic and these pictures will definitely last them a lifetime!
So glad I got to meet you and your parents, Stella Jo! Newborn photos are so important to capture as a family and I would love to get your due date on my calendar for a session with your family. Be sure to send me a message today if you are looking for a Fishers newborn photographer!
I’ve been photographing this family since big brother, Preston, was born over 4 years ago. It’s been a joy to watch him grow from a tiny newborn to adorable fun loving 4-year-old. So when this family told me they were expecting again I was thrilled! I’m thrilled that I get to watch Preston turn into a big brother (which he is crushing!) and thrilled to get to watch this beautiful little lady grow over the coming years!
Sweet little Palmer is a great addition to the family and I just know that she will love her big brother as much as he loves her!
Welcome to the world, sweet baby girl. I can’t wait to watch you grow, just like your big brother.
If you are looking for an newborn photographer in Fishers, feel free to reach out! My studio is located in Carmel, IN but lots of clients make the trek over for their newborn photography.
There is a new precious little boy in town and his name is Cohen James! He joins the beautiful family with his parents and his big sister Eden. The photos turned out absolutely breathtaking. Cohen slept like a champ and he was great for the whole session. We got some really great photos of this new family of four!
If you have a new addition in your family, I would love to photograph this special time for your family. I offer all different packages for newborn photography in Indianapolis!
Lane Emerson has arrived and is oh so cute! This little man was very photogenic and a great sleeper. His parents are so excited that he has made his arrival into this world. The adorable little blocks that his mom brought that spell out his name made for some cute photos with a special touch. Lane arrived roughly around 7 pounds and is such a little peanut. The natural color tones and his sweet smiles make for some fantastic photos!
If you are expecting a new little one let me know. I would love to meet your baby when he/she arrives! I’m an Indianapolis newborn photographer and I would love to get your due date on the calendar if you live in the area.
It wasn’t too long ago that I shared this little prince meeting both of his siblings at the hospital on the blog for his Fresh 48 Session. Baby Jack was born at the end of May and while he was 8 pounds when he was born, he was very tall with just the sweetest little baby rolls. Both of his siblings were super excited to have their picture taken with their new baby brother. Be sure to check out the great shot at the end of the shoot with baby in his going home from the hospital outfit. Baby Jack had some fantastic eye contact in that image! I also just adore the photo of him and his mamma where she has her eyes closed giving a big smile! And as you know, Jack is my most favorite name ever!
If you are looking for more information on Indianapolis newborn photography be sure to reach out. I would love to send you more information on capturing your newborn and to get your due date on my calendar. It’s best to book your newborn session before your baby is born to ensure availability.