Rustic weddings are very popular right now. If you look at Pinterest for wedding inspiration 1 in 3 pins is likely to be rustic in nature. I’ve shot a number of weddings in barns and vintage type settings over the last few years. These rustic weddings are very fun and picture worthy! If you dream of having a rustic farmhouse wedding it’s important to have a venue that matches. People think it’s easy to find a farmhouse to get married in since we are in Indianapolis. However, unless you know someone who will let you borrow their property for the day finding the perfect rustic venue in Indianapolis may not be as easy as it sounds. To help out all of the brides in Indianapolis I’ve combined a list of my favorite rustic wedding venues in Indianapolis. This list is in no particular order.
- Traders Point Creamery – This venue is located in Zionsville. It offers barn, tent, and garden seating. The barn, garden, and property are beautiful!! This location is a creamery and it tries to source everything locally. They have their own grass fed cows, pigs, and birds. They also offer tours of the property. If you want to just check out the location be sure to have dinner at their restaurant.
- Stony Creek Farm – Located in Noblesville, this venue is rustic! They have a few different spaces you can rent ranging from small to large (350 people max) weddings. They offer picnic table style seating.
- Morgan Acres – This venue is brand new to Indianapolis! It’s one of the most polished of the barn options in the area. This venue is one of the larger farm house options and holds up to 245 guests.
- The Barn in Zionsville – Located on Indianapolis’ North West side is another beautiful barn option. The barn can be used for wedding and/or receptions. It holds up to 125 guests. There is also an option to do a tent outside the barn to house additional guests. The lady who runs this venue is also super sweet too!
- Highpoint Orchard – This venue is on an in-use orchard which lends itself to a beautiful backdrop. There is a barn on the property built in 1854. Highpoint prides itself on having unique custom wedding as they don’t have a one size fits all approach.
- Avon Wedding Barn – This venue is located less than 10 miles from Indianapolis on the west side in a town called Avon. It has a beautiful barn with lots of details. It offers both indoor and outdoor set-ups for up to 175 guests.
- Bell Creek Manor – This venue is a bit outside of Indianapolis (about an hour drive from downtown Indy). However, it has everything you might want for a rustic wedding including: option of two barns that have heating and air, seating for up to 275 guests, and 80 acres of wooded property.
- Emerald Acres – If you are looking for an intimate farmhouse wedding venue there is a new option in town – Emerald Acres. This venue is in Whitestown which is just Northeast of Indy. The venue can accommodate up to 150 guests. The barn is two stories and the venue also offers tenting if all guests can’t fit in the barn. The venue is on 17 acres of meadows. This is sure to be a picturesque venue.
To have a rustic wedding you don’t have to get married in a barn. You also have the option to get married in a venue that just has a more rustic feel. Here are a few venues in Indianapolis that offer that rustic feel without having to actually get married in a farm house.
- The Mavris – This venue is located in downtown Indianapolis. This venue is more classy than rustic, but if you ask me it offers a great vibe! It has hardwood floors, exposed brick, and up lighting everywhere. It’s simply beautiful.
- The Mill Top – This venue is located in Noblesville, IN (Indianapolis’ North East side). It also has lots of exposed brick. This venue also has lots of wooden beams in the architecture that adds to the rustic feel.
- The Sanctuary on Penn – This venue is located in downtown Indianapolis. The venue used to be a church but was restored into a unique wedding venue. The church has lots of exposed brick, distressed walls and hardwood floors. You can do both your wedding and your reception in the beautiful space. The picture used in the blog post was taken at the Sanctuary on Penn.
I hope you found this list helpful! If you have another rustic or farmhouse venue in Indianapolis that you really like feel free to leave it in the comments section below! If you are looking for an Indianapolis wedding photographer to photograph your rustic wedding be sure to reach out and let me know!