I’ve got some exciting news. Now, instead of delivering digital files to my clients via DVD my clients will receive their files on a fun USB drive. There are a few reasons why I made the switch so let me explain…
- Branding – They match my new branding so much better than the DVDs. The new USB drives are super cute and my client’s love receiving them. I’ve been using them for the last month and just about every client writes me a note about how much they love their USB drive after they receive it.
- Compatibility – Thanks to our friends at Apple, not all computers these days have a DVD drive. Good news is that all computers have USB drives.
- Durability – The flash drive is less likely to get scratched or damaged. That being said, I still recommend that you back up your flash drive.
- Speed – It’s much quicker for me to package up and store all your digital files on a USB drive. This means my clients get their images quicker!
Now that I’ve told you all about the flash drives and how great they are let me give you a few tips on printing and long term storage for after you receive your USB drive.
Printing – Use a professional printer to have your images printed! It would be silly to have pay for beautiful professional pictures and then take them to Wal-Mart to have them printed. You have a few options to get professionally printed images:
- You can upload your images from your USB drive to Mpix.com. They are a great printing company and you will get professionally printed images.
- Every client also gets a link to an online proofing gallery. You can print your images right though that gallery and you will also receive professionally printed image.
- Kristeen also works with a number of professional printers and offers canvases and coffee table albums. Contact her to request more information about pricing and options for either of these two products.
Storage – Once you receive your USB drive it is important to back it up. Nothing lasts forever.
I’m super excited for more clients to receive their USB drives! I hope you love them as much as I do.
If you are looking for an Indianapolis photographer be sure to contact KristeenMarie Photography today!