Did you know that I offer outdoor newborn photography? A few years ago when the the pandemic was in full swing it was the only type of newborn photography that I was able to offer for a few months. During that time I fell in love with these sessions!
Here are a few things you should know about outdoor newborn photography sessions:
- The Look – These sessions are lifestyle sessions. That means that the focus is on the family as a whole. There is less posing and more interacting with each other. If you (the parents) don’t want to be in the images this probably isn’t a good session for you to book.
- Scheduling – The best time of day to schedule your outdoor newborn photography session is at sunrise or an hour before sunset. I’ll help you pick the exact time after you pick your date.
- Clothing – Soft neutral or earthy tones typically photograph the best in the outdoor locations that I use. Cotton and linen natural fibers also photograph better. You will also have access to my styling tool after booking! For baby I recommend a solid sold color onesie. I’ll also bring a number of wraps to use during your session.
- Session Types – I offer both a full outdoor session or a simple outdoor session. The simple outdoor session can be added on to any studio session for a small fee. So you don’t have to choose between studio or outdoor session. You can do both if you like! Contact me for a complete pricing list.
- Timing – Babies like to be warm! For this reason I only offer newborn sessions outdoors during summer months. This is typically May – Aug.
- Relax – Come to your session with a full baby and get ready to cuddle, love, kiss and admire your new little one. These sessions are typically a lot of fun.
It doesn’t matter if you want a studio newborn photography session or an outdoor newborn photography session, I would love to be your Indianapolis newborn photographer. To ensure availability it’s best to reserve your due date before baby arrives. Please fill out my contact form for more info.